The MN Chapter of the AHS offers two $50.00 awards annually to members who compose or arrange music for the harp. These awards are for any member who wishes to submit original or arranged music of any genre for the pedal or lever harp. There are two categories: Student or Professional. This award is designed to:
-Expand the repertoire of harp music
-Encourage harpists to write and arrange music for pedal or lever harp
-Share your music with others in the harp community
All submissions will continue to be the sole property of the composer/arranger and NOT the property of the AHS. We encourage winners to perform their compositions at a chapter meeting.
The program takes place annually in the spring, usually with a submission deadline of April 15th. See the newsletter for yearly details.
- Submissions must have been composed or arranged within the past two year and not be previously published.
- Submissions must be notated on the computer, not hand-written.
- Prior winners are not eligible for three years after the date of their award.
- Do not include your name anywhere on your submission. Instead, enclose or attach a separate document with your name, contact info, category (student or professional) and the title of your piece.
- If submitting via e-mail, include “Arch award submission” in the subject line.
- If possible, include a recording of your work.